Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thing #21: Tools for locating podcasts

I looked around at podcastalley.com and podfeed.net. I checked several topics of interest to me, and was really NOT surprised at how many podcasts were found.

I don't have the time to listen to any of them, however. Just like a lot of things on the web, it takes time and effort to separate the quality from the quantity. So, I must admit that I haven't added any RSS feeds for podcasts to my bloglines account.

It is helpful to know that these directories exist. That's about all I can commit to at this time!

I can see that the library could use these. The first idea that comes to mind is for book discussion groups. It would be nice to finish a book, and then find that the library has a podcast of a discussion about that very book.

No comments: