Sunday, November 23, 2008

More about Twitter (Thing #12)

I did some searching on Twitter, and found some conversations about knitting, just for a start. Some of the conversations took me to some new websites with project ideas, so that was interesting.

I must admit that I have found it disconcerting that people I do not know are following me on Twitter. I am not comfortable with posting tweets knowing that anyone can see them. I guess I don't understand why a stranger would want to follow me, since I haven't put any detailed profile up on my twitter page. But maybe they are following those who follow others that they are interested in? It's certainly something new.

I do see how those who want to "advertise" like libraries and other organizations could us twitter to their advantage.

Now, on to my next "thing"!

No comments: